Do you work at an ICT company? Then it is time to START2ACT!
Most businesses rely on a range of office equipment in order to function. From the basic essentials such as computers, monitors, printers, fax machines and photocopiers to projectors, scanners and teleconference facilities, it is widely recognised that these items have become integral to daily activity. But it is not always appreciated how much these cost a company. Office equipment is the fastest growing energy user in the business world, consuming 15% of the total electricity used in offices. This is expected to rise to 30% by 2020 (source: Carbon Trust).
Did you know that by making low- and no-cost changes you could reduce energy consumption and costs by 20% in your office?
Funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme, the mission of the START2ACT project is to support young SMEs and start-ups in saving energy and cutting costs at their workplace. To fulfil this mission, START2ACT offers online resources as well as fully funded mentoring and training activities in nine European countries: Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and the United Kingdom.
Why should you participate?
Energy efficiency decreases your environmental footprint, while also helps with cutting costs.
From effective HVAC management to smart metering, there are many ways to reduce energy consumption. As office equipment accounts for a large portion of energy consumption and ICT companies rely heavily on them, the potential for saving energy at these types of businesses is especially high! With the START2ACT consultancy you can learn how to exploit existing energy saving opportunities for your everyday business operation.
How do we help?
Depending on your availability and commitment, we can offer you a combination of online and face-to-face activities that will help you manage your energy consumption.
Visit the Interactive Energy Saving Platform and access the:
- START2ACT E-learning: boring online courses are a thing from the past. We crafted a highly visual, interactive and informative coursework that revolves around the essentials on lighting, HVAC management, office equipment, smart energy management and more, all presented in short and enjoyable chapters! For each successfully completed module you will receive a personal START2ACT certificate.
- #S2Achallenge: how does YOUR office save energy? Show us and win valuable prizes! Our next challenge will start on the 8th of January and will feature creative solutions for saving energy on heating!
- Knowledge Base: tap into the pool of tips, documents, tools, and products on energy efficiency in the office environment as well as at home.
Receive consultancy tailored to the needs of your company by some of the best energy experts of Europe:
- For SMEs: START2ACT trainers will visit your company three times in order to you devise an energy statement as well as come up with a customized energy management plan. We put great emphasis on engaging your co-workers, too!
- For start-ups: A one-hour mentoring activity which fits perfectly into the regular business development courses for your fresh company. Learn how to reap the benefits of energy efficiency from the conception of your business!
Don’t hesitate, sign up on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you!