CENTRE OF REGISTERS AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS - Estonia
The Centre of Registers and Information Systems (RIK) is an agency in the jurisdiction of Estonia’s Ministry of Justice. RIK serves to provide an innovative environment by supplying integrated e-services for a more efficient implementation of the national administration, legal and criminal policies.
This particular procurement process was for a joint framework agreement for the purchase of personal computers (PCs) and computer monitors by several Estonian entities, and was carried out by RIK in March/April 2012.
A market consultation exercise was established to facilitate dialogue between manufacturers’ representatives and joint procurers. Technical specifications were prepared based on the results of the market research.
Subject matter of the contract
Purchase or lease at least 1,000 PCs (with software licences) and 1,000 monitors, additional equipment and components, together with transportation and take-back of the leased products.
- All PCs are required to meet the Energy Star 5.0 requirements, or equivalent;
- All monitors are required to meet the TCO’ 5.0requirements, or equivalent;
- Power supply efficiency must be at least 85% (regardless of load) and power cord must be included in the set;
- Sound power level (sound pressure level) at operating mode (CPU load of 90%) should not exceed 33.3 dB (measured in accordance with ISO 9296);
- Monitors must be LED-backlit LCD (liquid crystal display);
- PCs must have the possibility to extend RAM size.
The award criteria were based on the most economically advantageous tender. The various criteria were weighted as follows:
- 80% for price;
- 10% for energy consumption in operating mode. Bids with PCs and monitors with the lowest energy consumption receive the most points.
- 4% if the device included an integrated smart card reader in the keyboard;
- 6% of the points for other criteria related to monitors only.